In this episode, I have a candid conversation with Mark Hemsworth about this subject of not going it alone and reaching out for help. This is such a big issue, because I think as social entrepreneurs, we might tell ourselves we need to have all the answers. But instead, the opposite is true. I believe a key factor of success is how much you cultivate a network of mentors and advisors and how much you reach out to that network on a routine basis.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why we may feel reluctant to reach out to our network for help, but by being self-aware we can get over it
- The dangers of just focusing on driving sales and iterating the model whilst neglecting to build robust systems and plan for the growth
- Some suggested groups in your life who you could speak to in the early stages of your business to share your challenges and bounce ideas off
- What an early stage mentor cohort could look like and how you could structure calls
- Some ideas and advice on how to hire for your senior leadership team
Connect with Mark