In this episode, we talk to Liz Jarman about how to motivate a network of community health workers whilst ensuring real-time performance management through their health mobile phone app.
- About the decision to carry out a randomized controlled trial and how it didn’t stop them continually iterating the model.
- How extremely positive results of a large randomized controlled trial caused them to pivot from seeking 100% cost recovery to “a low cost way to save lives”.
- How going digital has enabled real-time reporting of key performance indicators whilst giving government officials accurate data on what community health workers are actually doing.
- How their ‘Fast Start Program’ has become key to getting new community health workers excited and motivated to achieve their Impact KPIs (key performance indicators). Peer-to-peer coaching has had more impactful results.
- Kenya was just selling the high-impact products to get to breakeven. RCT results and develolution was just starting to establish (health devolved to counties but no one meant what that would mean). Tried community health model, pushing on an open door.
- “Motivating community health workers is recognition, status, being part of a larger family.”
- Living Goods’ government engagement strategy, and how it differed from Uganda to Kenya, and some specific tactics used to cement a mutually beneficial partnership.
Join the community
If you'd like to join this community, then leave your email address here. If you decide that my emails or content are not serving your purposes, then please unsubscribe at any time. Simple!